Welcome to the press kit of Warm Up America!
On the following pages you will find relevant information about our company. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us
! About Warm Up America!
Welcome to Warm Up America!, the charity that has warmed peoples' lives since 1991. It started in a small Wisconsin town with neighbors knitting and crocheting afghans for neighbors in need. Thanks to the creativity of founder Evie Rosen, who came up with the idea of having volunteers knit or crochet small sections and then others join them together, the idea quickly caught on. Today Warm Up America! distributes warm afghans, caps and other items to tens of thousands of people, thanks to the generosity of knitters and crocheters around the country.
The foundation, a 501C3 nonprofit, is committed to motivating, training and coordinating volunteers to knit and crochet afghans and clothing for people in need. To this end, the foundation:
- Promotes, trains and encourages individual volunteers and groups to adopt the WUA! program as a local activity
- Supports and assists these local volunteers by providing information and instructional materials through its website and mailings
- Acts as a collection point and facility for completed sections to have them assembled into completed afghan blankets
- Collects completed afghan blankets for distribution to various charitable organizations and agencies that hand out the afghans to homeless and needy persons.
Warm Up America! by the numbers:
- 18,600+ followers on Facebook
- 400+ followers on Instagram
- 3,800+ followers on Pinterest
- 2,700+ subscribers on YouTube
- 60+ followers on LinkedIn